Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Elephant Graveyard


When I was young, I learned that 
there is a place 
where elephants go to die.

As a boy 
I thought that this was sad;
but now, as welcome grey 
wanders around my ears,
I have realized-

I don't think that they went there
knowing 
that they would expire-
but more like that man 
who climbed a very high mountain-

he,
and they, 
went
to live.

Sometimes I forget why. 

Why I'm walking
stumbling,
clawing, and
dying for an idea that even I sometimes question.

I'm doing it to live
and that's enough for now.




--------------

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.



No comments:

Real and Imagined.

  Better to break bones than to endure the loss of perceived love.  Better to bleed internally to keep warm than to seek out comfort in anot...