Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sunny Day

Lately I've been wandering around with the angel of death in my shadow.
I walk the sidewalk as if there was a great earthly divide to the right and left.

For this reason I question the path from time to time, waiting for my footing to give way,

and down I'll go; screaming all the way to hell.

The fear I hold is reinforced by a world of festering flesh.
I look around and see rotting fruit, being eaten by rotting faces;
a society blind to its decay, attempting to cover the stains and wrinkles with chemical salves.
I sit in corner cafes and the stench of suppurating souls overcomes me;
I vomit on the sidewalk and the world passes unaware.





1 comment:

Lovely Little Lovelies said...

Unfortunately, it's not something you can easily escape, either. I consider myself to be far removed from society and mainstream influences, yet it seems as though I am surrounded by mindless drones that still cling to the notion of human progress.

Pass me the puke basin.

Real and Imagined.

  Better to break bones than to endure the loss of perceived love.  Better to bleed internally to keep warm than to seek out comfort in anot...