Monday, March 25, 2019

Then and Now

Feverdreams of childhood homes
Worst nightmares of EVERYTHING falling apart
And no one caring. 

Holes in the roof, no intent on patching
 and people sitting around a table 
happy to let the rain in. 

Mold taking root, insects chewing
Sun robbing of any youth in lumber, turning it all  to dust. 
Just before the rain comes back
And washes it all away

The driveway is always full of belongings. 
Things I’ll never see again but am always haunted by.
My childhood was in there. 
I think I had one. 

I remember so much good
But so much more 
isn’t there.

Thinking of that place more. 
Childhood home, something wants to be
Remembered,
Explanations not asked for

The universe is swinging around.

Fever dreams of childhood homes waking me up
To a realty where the roof is open
The rain is coming in
And no on seems to care. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, it seems as we grow older, people really don't care what happens to us....
Good luck to you <3

Real and Imagined.

  Better to break bones than to endure the loss of perceived love.  Better to bleed internally to keep warm than to seek out comfort in anot...